Paytm offers many methods to make payments, And the fintech company recently added a new feature to payment that is tap to pay feature to make bank card payment using your smartphones. The feature works in a very similar manner as Samsung Pay and Google Pay, permitting users to make purchases at point of Sale (PoS) machines via NFC. Payments is created while not having to carry debit or credit cards around. The feature additionally works without an internet connection, which may be available in handy once a smartphone doesn’t have ample network property. iPhone owners won’t be able to use the feature, as NFC payments are locked to Apple Pay, that is however to be launched in India.
The NFC-based tap to Pay feature may be used at stores, restaurants, grocery stores and the other location that accepts NFC-enabled card payment machines. Users can need to add their bank cards to the Paytm app, after which the cardboard is ‘tokenised’ therefore it can be used on payment machines. whereas using the tap to Pay feature provides the convenience of not carrying bank cards around, another advantage is that the original card details don’t seem to be shared with a businessperson once performing a transaction.
Also Read :
Here's how you can quickly set up your Tap to Pay functionality on the Paytm app:
- Firstly you should update your Paytm app by visiting the Google Play store.
- Now Open your Paytm app, and then select Tap to Pay.
- If you do not have any cards saved, then tap on the Add New Card option at the bottom
- Enter your card details on the next screen, and tap Proceed to Verify Card.
- Make sure to read and accept the card issuer’s Terms of Service.
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) to complete activation of Tap to Pay.
Here's how you can make payments using Tap to Pay using your smartphone:
- Unlock your smartphone and make sure the NFC is turned on.
- Hold your smartphone close to the PoS machine, near the contactless payment logo.
- Do not remove your smartphone until the transaction is completed.
- For transactions above Rs. 5000, you have to enter your PIN on the PoS machine.
- Check your smartphone screen for a message informing you of a successful transaction.